Disclaimer: This article is for educational purposes only, we do not encourage the use of illegal steroids and the following isn't to be taken as medical advice.
Many people turn to steroids for different reasons. Some want to compete and make a career out of bodybuilding. Others juice to simply build muscle to attract the opposite sex. It’s not rocket science, if you’re jacked with six pack abs – women will become more attracted to you. Having a muscular body could be the difference between landing a hot bird or a 6/10.
One of the steroids used in bodybuilding today to build large amounts of muscle mass is Anadrol. Anadrol is regarded as one of the most powerful bulking steroids on earth. It will cause huge surges in muscle strength and size. Primarily, Anadrol is used to stimulate muscle growth and thus is used in the off season.
Anadrol can be taken orally (in tablet form) as directed by a doctor. The recommended usage of Anadrol-50 is 1-5 milligram per kg of body weight per day.
A dose of 1-2 milligram per kilokgram each day is effective, but higher doses may be required for more experienced users. Anadrol’s effects aren’t always immediate and can take a couple of weeks for desired results to be manifested.
Other drugs can interact with Anadrol, so it’s is crucial to inform your doctor if you plan to go on an anadrol-cycle, so they can warn you about any potential complications. In terms of women using anadrol, it shouldn’t be used during pregnancy as it can affect the fetus. And it’s not recommended for a female to take anadrol when breastfeeding either.
…unless you want your baby boy to transform into a mini version of Ronnie Coleman.
Like with any other steroid, anadrol doesn’t come without side effects.
Steroids aren’t to be messed around with. Many people believe they take them ‘safely’, but there’s also many people who aren’t intelligent when taking them and can end up in hospital as a result. It’s always important to know how deep the water is before diving in head first.
The following are common side effects associated with anadrol.
25 Anadrol Side Effects
- Long term use can lead to serious diseases like liver cirrhosis, hepatitis, and liver cancer.
- Change in sex drive. Anadrol is known to interfere with testosterone production, which is the male sex hormone. Testosterone levels will plummet post-cycle causing a lower libido.
- Problems urinating. If you experience this side effect, book an appointment with your doctor immediately as this is a sign of prostate issues.
- Change in testicle size (bigger on-cycle, smaller off-cycle).
- Temporary impotence. This is a side effect of having low testosterone post-cycle.
- Changes in menstrual cycle. Some women who’ve used Anadrol have reported changes in menstrual cycle and more frequent cramping.
- Swelling of breasts. This also applies to men AKA gyno. Apart from the swelling, tenderness of the breasts will also be felt when on a cycle.
- Mood swings. Using anadrol can cause a change in mood, resulting in euphoria or/and depression.
- Difficulty breathing. This is usually due to elevated blood pressure.
- Sleepless nights. If you have problems with insomnia, try taking a hot bath to calm your central nervous system.
- Stomach irritation and diarrhea. Some anadrol-users may never experience this.
- Hair loss. Anadrol-users will often experience hair loss/thinning to some extent (how much will depend on your genetics).
- Hard erections for men. Men can experience super hard erections that can take a while to go down. This is due to an increase in red blood cell production and higher T.
- Deep voice. Female users can develop deep voices whilst taking anadrol.
- Allergies. Users can experience itching, peeling of skin, swelling of the face, lips or throat and wheezing whilst taking anadrol. Stop taking the steroid immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
- Vomiting. Anadrol-users can sometimes throw up due to stomach upsets.
- Weight gain. In the form of muscle mass and water retention.
- Chills. Taking anadrol will contract and expand your muscles repeatedly, which sometimes can cause a chilling sensation.
- Enlarged clitoris. This is another side effect for female users, as they start to have higher testosterone and lower estrogen levels.
- Loss of appetite
- Swelling. Moreso in the ankle and feet.
- Body Hair growth (men and women)
- Lethargy. Especially during your post-cycle blues.
As mentioned above, anadrol-use has numerous side effects. Generally, anadrol poses more side effects than the average steroid, because it’s more powerful and will give you some of the best gains of your life (when it comes to strength and size). However, it is possible to take anadrol and not experience a serious downturn in health if you’re in good physical condition.